I made my first trip to Haiti in 1998. Fell in love with my first orphan in 2000. Started a non-profit to help Haiti in 2003 and started taking teams down on short-term mission trips soon after. I fell in love with Wanna and Fritzon (and a lot of others in the same orphanage) in March of 2010 and had to wait over 2 years to start the adoption process due to the laws of Haiti and a process that is always changing. Our documents were finally submitted and accepted in the fall of 2012 and are currently moving through the court system. We are quickly (hopefully) approaching the end of our adoption. This is my blog to talk about all things related to our adoption and any thing else I think is relevant to it. Enjoy!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fundraising Help

I'm usually one to beat around the bush but I'm just going to put this out there.... We need help with our adoption fundraising. I know not everyone has the ability to give financially but I have several ways I'm asking for your help and some don't require your $ :) 1. If you have a church or organization ask if I can speak about missions in general or missions and adoption. I LOVE to talk and can do a short thing or the whole service. 2. I have Bulldog jewelry for sale at Sassy Chix Salon and at the high school with Dawn Staker Randolph. I'll post a link below with more info. 3. I have handmade paper bead bracelets at Bits N Peace's and part of that goes to our adoption and the other part goes to the Haitian who made it. 4. I have a recycling fundraiser with info on my webpage (link below) 5. You can donate things that I can sell online (online auction or ebay) 6. You can give me some other creative ideas. :) And I know there are kids here in the US that we could adopt for "free", however, these are the kids I feel in love with that God put on our hearts. I'm not going to argue with that over $. I don't see adoption as an "us vs them" type of thing. Kids are kids, orphans are orphans and it doesn't matter what country they are from...they deserve a family...all of them...equally. Thank you for all your love, encouragement and support. That's as important to me as the financial support we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment