I made my first trip to Haiti in 1998. Fell in love with my first orphan in 2000. Started a non-profit to help Haiti in 2003 and started taking teams down on short-term mission trips soon after. I fell in love with Wanna and Fritzon (and a lot of others in the same orphanage) in March of 2010 and had to wait over 2 years to start the adoption process due to the laws of Haiti and a process that is always changing. Our documents were finally submitted and accepted in the fall of 2012 and are currently moving through the court system. We are quickly (hopefully) approaching the end of our adoption. This is my blog to talk about all things related to our adoption and any thing else I think is relevant to it. Enjoy!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Adoption Poetry

Here are some poems I wrote many years ago.  Until I was in my mid-twenties and married I struggled with deep issues of abandonment.  As a child who was taken from her mother at a young age, placed in foster home after foster home, rejected and abused by an adopted mom and rejected often by peers, I had a lot of build up issues.  I'm happy to say that most of them are gone and replaced with a deep desire to help others simply because I don't want anyone to feel the pain I felt and because I love God and this is a desire I believe He has put in me.  I wouldn't change any part of my life or what I went through because I am happy to be exactly where I am, doing what I'm doing, loving the family I love and living the life that destiny brought me.  I choose not to live in regret because one changed event would mean a different set of circumstances and I can't imagine that (nor do I have time to try to).  Enjoy!

A Place for Me?
A place all my own
that's all that I long.
A place that's mine,
a place I belong.
Is there such a place?
I'm not even sure.
A place that's safe?
A place that's secure?
Will there ever be, 
a place just for me
or is this a dream
that will just never be?


A Real Love

When you tell me that you love me
When you tell me that you care
I want so much to believe you
I don't want to have to be scared
Scared that you're going to leave me
Scared that you'll walk away
Scared that those were words
You never meant to say
So help me understand
Please help me to believe
That this is a love that's real
That this love will never leave


No comments:

Post a Comment