I made my first trip to Haiti in 1998. Fell in love with my first orphan in 2000. Started a non-profit to help Haiti in 2003 and started taking teams down on short-term mission trips soon after. I fell in love with Wanna and Fritzon (and a lot of others in the same orphanage) in March of 2010 and had to wait over 2 years to start the adoption process due to the laws of Haiti and a process that is always changing. Our documents were finally submitted and accepted in the fall of 2012 and are currently moving through the court system. We are quickly (hopefully) approaching the end of our adoption. This is my blog to talk about all things related to our adoption and any thing else I think is relevant to it. Enjoy!

Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Starting the process

In March of 2010 I took a team to work at an orphanage in Bercy, Cabaret, Haiti. I quickly fell in love with a little boy named Fritzon. While I love and adore all the kids there, Fritzon stood out. When I looked at him I saw my own little Christopher. Soon after, Wanna captured my heart with her energy, her spirit and the feeling she gave me that I was hanging out with my own Destiny when I was with her. Since the spring of 2010 I have been waiting to start the adoption process. The Haitian law requires adoptive parents to be 35 and since Chris and I are only 31, we could do nothing but wait. We were recently told that the new president of Haiti is just weeks away from signing in a new law changing the age to 30. We can now proceed with gathering papers and documents but we will need your support. Please consider helping support us as we work towards this adoption. Having been adopted myself I know how life changing adoption can be. I want to make a difference in the world and while I can't change the world, I can change Fritzon and Wanna's world. Will you help me do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment