I made my first trip to Haiti in 1998. Fell in love with my first orphan in 2000. Started a non-profit to help Haiti in 2003 and started taking teams down on short-term mission trips soon after. I fell in love with Wanna and Fritzon (and a lot of others in the same orphanage) in March of 2010 and had to wait over 2 years to start the adoption process due to the laws of Haiti and a process that is always changing. Our documents were finally submitted and accepted in the fall of 2012 and are currently moving through the court system. We are quickly (hopefully) approaching the end of our adoption. This is my blog to talk about all things related to our adoption and any thing else I think is relevant to it. Enjoy!

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hope in Adoption

I spend hours each night searching the internet for adoption hope...... I hope that I will learn of some miraculous new way to adopt our kids from Haiti in a month or less.  I hope I will read that Martelly has sign the new law allowing parents to be over 30 years old instead of 35.  I hope I will cry with joy because everyone is posting of homecomings.  I hope I don't cry, yet again, because of the deep sorrow and pain that we all feel in this time of wait.

I am thankful that in this agonizing time of wait that I do have hope in Christ.  My true hope isn't in the process of adoption or the people that process them and that's a really good thing, especially when it comes to adopting from Haiti.  I can't imagine what this would be like if I didn't have the knowledge that God has a plan for us and that His plan and His timing is perfect.  Even if I don't like His timing I can still rest assured that He works all things out for good.  So in the end He is the only thing that keeps me hoping in the process and knowing it will all work out in the end.

If you are going through adoption and you don't have that hope I really can't imagine how hard it is for you, but I want you to know that Jesus wants to walk through this with you so that when you don't think you can go on with the pain of waiting, He will carry you through.

1 comment: